Selling CBD products from home can be easy, affordable and lucrative.
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit in 2020, millions were forced to run their businesses from home. As a result, corporate culture has completely transformed; a new study by the Pew Research Center shows that 61% of people are now working from home by choice.
If you’re among this group, and have a keen interest in joining the cannabis industry, read on! We’re sharing everything you need to know about operating a CBD home business: the benefits, requirements, and why oHHo’s Community Builder program makes starting your venture easy and rewarding.
The benefits of a CBD home business
Overall, running a CBD business from home is the most affordable and convenient option for cannabis entrepreneurs—especially those who prefer the freedom of working on their own time and terms. The pros are pretty fantastic:
- You can manage your entire business virtually. Selling products on an e-commerce platform is efficient and effective! In fact, it was reported that 66% of CBD sales in 2020 were processed online. Plus, customer orders can be fulfilled by a third-party, so you won’t have to lift a finger.
- Overhead costs are significantly lower. This means higher profits. You’ll be avoiding some of the heftiest expenses, like rent, wages and salaries.
- You may be entitled to tax benefits. According to the IRS, expenses “for the part of your home that you use for business” can be deducted. Learn more here.
How to start a CBD home business
Let’s go through some of the most important steps!
First, review federal and state laws to ensure your business is compliant. CBD products with under 0.3% THC are legal, but some states have banned certain forms, like edibles. Furthermore, cannabis-related licenses may be required. (LINK TO “HOW TO START A CBD BUSINESS POST)
Then, there’s the e-commerce set-up phase. Choose a CBD-friendly platform to create your online store, and a payment processor to make sales. The latter can be challenging, as financial institutions still deem hemp high risk, but processors such as Square and PaymentCloud have started embracing CBD businesses.
Lastly, establishing a seamless order fulfillment system is crucial. Keeping stock and shipping from home isn’t necessary; instead, team up with a fulfillment center that can store your products, and package and ship orders as they come in virtually.
Build your CBD home business with oHHo
There’s an even simpler way of starting a CBD home business! oHHo’s Community Builder program is perfect for those seeking a turn-key experience, where you need not worry about navigating legal requirements, logistics, and other aspects. With an investment of $49, you’ll receive incredible benefits:
- Your own online store. You’ll be given a personalized website URL to share with your community.
- High earnings. 25% commission, plus 10% of all referred sales.
- Exclusive discounts. 15% off all products, free shipping on orders $75+, and access to exclusive products.
- 10% for friends. A discount for your nearest and dearest.
- Members-only events. Connect with the oHHo team and fellow Community Builders.
The best part is, our Circle of Support has your back every step of the way with insights, informative Zoom sessions, and encouragement, so that you can successfully market and sell products from home.
Click here to learn more about becoming an oHHo Community Builder!